The Dome is located in one of most beautiful and historic buildings in Isle of Man, called the Nunnery at the International Centre of Technology.
The Nunnery is an estate outside Douglas on the Isle of Man, named after a religious foundation on the site. The Priory of Douglas was a monastery of nuns, possibly dating from the 6th century. It was suppressed by King Henry VIII during the 1530s. The existing mansion was built for John Taubman in 1823 in the "Strawberry Hill" Gothic Revival style. The only surviving monastic building, St. Bridget's Chapel, served as a coach house for centuries, but it was restored to its original use as a place of worship in the 1880s.